Friday, November 4, 2011
First Tutoring Session
I felt that the first hour of my tutoring session was a bit difficult. I don't know if it was the nervousness, the fact that I didn't know where to start, or what but for some reason, the first half hour felt like forever. The main concern of my tutee's essay was mostly on organizing his ideas. I knew how to approach this problem but at the time my mind was drawing a blank. But as time progressed, I was more at ease. My tutee was quiet and kept to himself for most of the session, so I also tried to work on getting him to talk more. The trouble I had the most was approaching his problem with organization. When we started, I asked him about the format of the essay. He showed me an outline he said his professor wanted. I found it difficult to adjust it the exact way he outlined it, so instead I just followed the basic structure of what the assignment asked for. I felt like if I did it the way that was asked, he'll have too much information in his first paragraph. If he moved his ideas to another paragraph, he'll have to rewrite his whole first paragraph. Overall, I think I might have left a bad first impression, but hopefully during the second session I'll have a better idea of what to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment